Certain natural remedies to cure peptic ulcer are available and they have been found to be effective. When necessary, they are taken in conjunction with regular ulcer treatment to hasten recovery. Below are some of these home remedies, which can hasten healing of your ulcer.
Peptic ulcer refers to an esophageal ulcer, the stomach or the gastric ulcer and the duodenal ulcer as well. The natural treatments for ulcer described here are effective against all the three types of ulcers. They also help in controlling your acid reflux and gastritis.
Once your ulcer has been confirmed by the symptoms of the ulcer, you would do well to read the causes of ulcer where certain risk factors, which aggravate the ulcer are also explained. You make sure you avoid these factors to promote healing of the ulcer.
To help you in following these suggestions, knowing the complications of peptic ulcer may motivate you to adhere strictly to norms to promote ulcer healing. These natural ulcer remedies will help only if you also follow the dietary restrictions for peptic ulcer.
Natural remedies to cure acid reflux and ulcer
1) Deglycyrrhizinated licorice (DGL) is a liquorice plant extract from which the unwanted glycyrrhizin is removed. This makes its long-term use safer from serious side effects, including hormonal problems, heart attack and pregnancy complications. It is available as chewable tablets and is taken in doses of 200 to 300 milligrams tablets to be chewed 3 times a day, 20 minutes before meals. Studies have shown that DGL is as efficient as cimitedine in treating the pain of gastric and duodenal ulcers.
2) Fresh cabbage juice helps your ulcer to heal more rapidly. Drink about a quart of fresh cabbage juice every day. Cabbage juice is rich in L-glutamine, an amino acid, and gefarnate, which stimulates the secretion of mucus from your stomach’s lining and increases the blood flow to the gastric lining, thereby promoting healing of the ulcer.
3) Raw organic honey helps by promoting the healing process of the ulcer. It contains an enzyme called glucose oxidase, which produces hydrogen peroxide. Hydrogen peroxide kills the bacteria, which are responsible for ulcer formation.
4) Dried unripe bananas help in preventing and healing of the existing ulcer by forming a protective covering over the ulcer and preventing any corrosive action of the gastric acid on the raw surface of the ulcer. The sitoindosides present in unripe bananas increases the mucus in the gastrointestinal tract and this is responsible for the protective covering.
Besides using these natural remedies to cure your ulcer, it is imperative as explained above, that you also follow:
- the dietary restrictions for ulcer
- avoid the aggravating risk factors of ulcer
- make the necessary changes in your lifestyle.