As in hypertension or high blood pressure, a low blood pressure diet plan for hypotension patients is very necessary. Hypotension is the medical term for low blood pressure. The following parameters are to be followed by patients of hypotension in adhering to foods that are good for low blood pressure. This diet plan is nutritious as malnutrition is one of the major causes of low blood pressure.
This diet is also recommended during pregnancy if you have low blood pressure.
Low Blood Pressure Diet and Foods
1. Fruits and vegetables
The diet for hypotension should contain plenty of fruits as fruits help in raising blood pressure. Vegetable juices will be good.
2 Milk and almonds.
Soak about five almonds in water overnight. add them to your glass of milk and drink it. Do this every day till your blood pressure is normalized. This supposedly helps low blood pressure by acting on the adrenal gland. Milk will also help by giving the much-needed nutrition.
3. Whole grains
4. Chicken and fish
5. Unrefined sea salt. This is to be taken in moderate quantities till blood pressure returns to normal levels. One tsp of salt can be taken with water once a day. It is the sodium in salt that will raise your blood pressure.
6. Water is the liquid of life
Advantages of drinking adequate water are being explained almost all over the web. Here, however, suffice to know that drinking adequate water is important as this will clean the liver, gall bladder, kidneys and the intestines by flushing them of unwanted toxins and stones.
7. Alcohol should be avoided.
8. Form a habit of having 4 to 5 small low carbohydrate meals in a day.
9. Carrot juice improves blood circulation and has a positive effect on your low blood pressure. Adding two tablespoons of raw organic honey will aggregate the effect.
10. Lemon and honey. One glass of water with one lemon squeezed into it and two tablespoons of raw organic honey give you a great mix for your low blood pressure. You could even add a little bit of salt for taste. The antioxidants present in this mix will increase your blood circulation and normalize your blood pressure.
The dash diet recommended for high blood pressure is also highly recommended for patients of low blood pressure.